Townsville's Ultimate Address
Fairfield Waters was the first master planned community approved by the Townsville City Council and is still considered the benchmark for residential development in North Queensland. Now in its 15th year, Fairfield Waters is home to 2300 families. It is located 3.8km from the Townsville CBD on over 234 hectares of land. It is entering its final phases of development with a strong community having been created around environmentally sustainable principles.
Fairfield Waters has always promoted water and energy efficient practices to its residents, and the broader community. This belief in the environment was reinforced in 2005 with completion of the North Queensland GreenSmart Display Centre. The centre generated its own electricity and was utilised as an educational facility for designing and building appropriate climate responsive housing for North Queensland conditions. The centre provided an opportunity to encourage residents to adopt water and energy efficient practices in construction and their day to day activities.
Fairfield Waters has been the winner of the following awards;
- HIA Townsville - Best Display Home Valued Over $200,000
- HIA North Queensland - Display Home of the Year
- HIA Townsville - Display Home of the Year
- HIA North Queensland - Energy Efficiency of the Year
- HIA Townsville - Energy Efficiency Housing of the Year
- UDIA Awards for Excellence - Consultants Excellence
- UDIA Awards for Excellence - Master Planned Development
- UDIA Awards for Excellence - Premier Award
- UDIA Awards for Excellence - Environmental Excellence
- HIA GreenSmart Awards - Regional Development of the Year
- UDIA Awards for Excellence - Marketing